Total Time: 60 mins | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 – 6 servings
Ingredients (opt for organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Natritional Wellness Beef Tallow
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (see reverse for recipe)
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic diced tomatoes
- 2 medium sized red potatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kennels (can be substituted with frozen kennels)
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 6 cups Natritional Wellness Original Beef Broth
- In a large, deep skillet, heat tallow over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the onions, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, continue to sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beef, continue to sauté, and stir until browned, scrapping any browned bits off the bottom of the skillet.
- Season beef with thyme, oregano, paprika, bay leaves, and creole seasoning. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, and celery until well combined.
- Pour in beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and corn. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly stir in the green beans and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the zucchini and continue to simmer until all the veggies and potatoes are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and discard the bay leaves. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.